Botilia.gr uses cookies in order to perfect the user experience. By using this website, you accept the usage of cookies and the Cookie Policy. Dismiss

FILTERS

Filters are loading...

Price Range

Sort by

SHOPPING CART

{{cart.TotalPieces}} item in cartitems in cart
We 'll hold it for:

Your cart is locked and unlocks in {{cart.UnlocksInMinutes}} minutes

{{item.Name}}
{{item.SubTitle}}
QTY
Remove
{{item.ProductPiecesCount}} item items

SOME MAY SEE THE GLASS HALF FULL.
ONE THING IS FOR SURE. YOUR CART IS DEFINITELY EMPTY!
WHY DON'T YOU PUT SOME GREAT WINES IN HERE?

Dido "La Universal" 2018 - Venus La Universal
Venus La Universal

DIDO "LA UNIVERSAL" 2018 - VENUS LA UNIVERSAL

  Spain
€24.10
20.60
€20.60
QTY
ADD TO CART At your doorstep in 1 - 3 days

What can you say for something so perfect?

SEND PAGE TO FRIEND

Why do we love it?

There are some wines that are born to tell stories, so is Dido "La Universal" 2018 by Venus La Universal winery. It's the second "child" of Rene and Sarah created to tell the story of a Garnacha by Montsant region, that resembles no other.

Both of them have a heavy wine heritage from their fathers and their union has led to something even greater. Together, they decided that the footprint they want to leave on this planet is emotional rather than pollution. So, they decided to create wines with minimal interventions and mild natural vinification techniques, to burden the environment as little as possible. Dido "La Universal" was their second creation and is a hymn to Grenache (Garnacha), as the unique black granite soil gives magnificent maturity, concentration and deep color. Dido "La Universal" is not only Grenache but is enhanced by 20% Syrah and 20% Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon. Then, 60% of the wine is matured in different oak barrels with a capacity of 300-4000 liters for 16 months. While the remaining 40% matures in concrete tanks to maintain fruit purity. It is bottled unfiltered and without any other human intervention.

Taste it now!

COLOR

RED

AROMA

PRONOUNCED

BODY

MEDIUM

ACIDITY

HIGH

Tastes Like

It has medium purple color and seductive aromas of cherry, plum, sour cherry, raspberry, butterscotch, vanilla, leather, coffee and allspice. Juicy and tasty mouth with medium body, refreshing acidity and medium to high tannins.

 

 

Technical stuff
Color Red
Type Dry
Year 2018
Alcohol 13,5%
Origin Catalonia, Spain
Variety Garnacha Tinta, Syrah, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
Aromas Cherry, plum, sour cherry, raspberry, butterscotch, vanilla, leather, coffee, allspice.
Bottle Size 750ml
Barrique 16 months
Serving temperature 18°C
Aging 7 years
Closure Cork
Organic Yes

DIDO "LA UNIVERSAL" 2018 - VENUS LA UNIVERSAL

PAIR IT

with a black angus burger with BBQ sauce or Greek sausages and peppers (Spetsofai).

Beef Ragout with matsata pasta and kalathaki of Limnos cheese

  • 1 pack of matsata pasta
  • 100 g of Lemnos basil cheese
  • 1200 g beef (for stew)
  • 2 tbsps. flour
  • 2 medium onions
  • 1 big carrot
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 4-5 shallots
  • 200 ml. red wine
  • 350 ml. hot beef stock
  • 250 gr. concassed tomatoes
  • 1 tsp of sugar
  • 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
  • 1 sprig of fresh thyme
  • Parsley
  • Fresh pepper
  • Olive oil

Wash and dry the meat well using absorbent paper.

Cut into smaller pieces, sprinkle with flour and sauté in a deep saucepan with olive oil until golden brown. Do not sauté them all together to maintain the high pot temperature. Do it partially and keep the meat warm in another utensil.

At the same time, clean and chop onions, carrot and garlic. Sauté them into the pot that you roasted the meat.

Pour in the red wine, keeping a high temperature, and with a wooden spoon "scrape" the saucepan to get all the "deliciousness" from the meat.

Then transfer the meat back to the saucepan with the sauce, add tomatoes, herbs, sugar and pepper.

Lower the fire, add the broth and let simmer for about 3 hours without forgetting to control the fluids after 2.5 hours.

The sauce must be rich and thick, so remove from the heat, when the liquids are still sufficient. Of course, keep in mind that it will thicken as it cools down.

When the beef is ready, add a little chopped parsley and prepare the pasta.

In a pot with plenty of boiling water, add a little salt and then, the pasta. When they are ready, drain them and transfer them back to the pot. Add about half of the sauce and a little chopped parsley, mix well and serve.

In the serving, add more sauce to each dish and crumbled cheese.

ACTIVE FILTERS

Search Results

{{$root.resources.lbl_search_results_count.replace('{0}', $root.searchResults.length)}}

FIND THE WINES
THAT MATCH
YOUR TASTE

CREATE YOUR PROFILE