Filters are loading...

Price Range

Sort by


{{cart.TotalPieces}} item in cart

Your cart is locked and unlocks in {{cart.UnlocksInMinutes}} minutes

{{item.ProductPiecesCount}} item items
Best Online Wine shop 2023
Loved by 60k+ Members
Free shipping*
Free returns
More than 1.500.000 bottles delivered
Customer Reviews: 9,8/10
Elia Vidiano Sur Lie 2018 - Karavitakis Winery
Karavitakis Winery


  Greece / Chania
ADD TO CART At your doorstep in 1 - 3 days

Discover the incredible possibilities of Vidiano!


Why do we love it?

We remember very well how much you liked Elia Vidiano by Nikos Karavitakis. Now we will create a little confusion for you because when you try Elia Vidiano Sur Lie 2018, you will not believe how many possibilities this magical grape has!

In the village of Pontikiana in the prefecture of Chania, Crete, the new blood of the Karavitakis family continues the 80-year tradition of viticulture and winemaking. Nikos places Vidiano very high among the varieties of the Cretan vineyard and his goal is to discover all the possibilities that this variety has. And for that, he never stops experimenting with different vinifications, single-vineyard bottlings, barrels, etc.

For Elia Vidiano Sur Lie 2018, the fermentation has taken place both in stainless steel tanks and in barrels. 77% of the variety is fermented in stainless steel tanks and then left in contact with the lees for 4 months, maintaining a fresh character. The remaining 23% is fermented in French Burgundy oak barrels, for which a special order is made for a specific toast of the barrel so that it leaves the minimum green character of Vidiano in the wine. Then it also remains in contact with the lees for 4 months. After the fermentations are complete, they are mixed in stainless steel tanks, where they remain there for 3 whole years in contact with the lees, where the aromas and structure are shielded. The wine ends up being bottled with minimal filtering.

Elia Vidiano Sur Lie 2018 is a white wine that demonstrates the complexity of Vidiano and its enormous potential in the production of impressive and high-quality wines. The famous variety of Crete has won over the wine public and has given the Karavitaki winery another reason to be proud of!









Tastes Like

In the glass, it is moderately lemon-yellow. It has a strong aromatic character dominated by stone fruits, mainly apricot and peach, with notes of grapefruit, primrose, and very distinct aromas of vanilla and freshly baked brioche.

In the mouth, it has a moderate to full body and characteristic oiliness. The acidity is medium (+) and the aromas of lime, peach, butter, and vanilla, balance perfectly with the mineral notes and its nutty flavor. The aftertaste is slightly spicy with a subtle smoky finish.

Technical stuff
Color White
Type Dry
Year 2018
Alcohol 14%
Origin Chania, Crete
Variety Vidiano
Aromas Apricot, peach, grapefruit, evening primrose, vanilla, brioche
Bottle Size 750ml
Barrique -
Serving temperature 11ºC
Aging 8 years
Closure Cork
Organic No



The acidity here calls for full in fat fish, grilled salmon, trout, and bonito, and pasta with white and oily sauces.

Spaghetti with shrimps, lemon and fennel

1 pack of spaghetti No6, whole-wheat
800 gr. shrimps
2 lemons
5-6 cloves of garlic
1 little bunch of fennel
ground pepper
sea salt
chili flakes
olive oil

Carefully peel and cut the shrimps’ heads. Place them in a pot with 300ml water and boil them, along with 3 cloves of garlic for 15 minutes. Then, filter the broth with a sieve, by pressing it well and keeping it warm.

At the same time, boil the spaghetti in salted water and cook them “al dente”. Take the lemon zest and chop the fennel.

In a large pan, pour 20 ml olive oil and the rest of the garlic. Once the olive oil is warm enough, remove the garlic and add the chili flakes.

Place the peeled, boiled shrimps in the hot pan and leave them for 1-2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper, add a little fennel, a bit of lemon zest and pour in the lemon juice.

Remove the shrimps and in the same pan, place the spaghetti directly from the pot and increase the temperature. Add the broth you have prepared and mix well.

When the spaghetti have absorbed all the broth, sprinkle with fennel, pepper and the remaining zest. Serve the spaghetti with shrimp immediately.

Eva Monochari

Food Blogger


Search Results

{{$root.resources.lbl_search_results_count.replace('{0}', $root.searchResults.length)}}