FILTERS

Filters are loading...

Price Range

Sort by

SHOPPING CART

{{cart.TotalPieces}} item in cartitems in cart

Your cart is locked and unlocks in {{cart.UnlocksInMinutes}} minutes

{{item.Name}}
{{item.SubTitle}}
QTY
Remove
{{item.ProductPiecesCount}} item items
Best Online Wine shop 2019, 2020 & 2021
Loved by 50k+ Members
Free shipping*
Free returns
More than 1.500.000 bottles delivered
Customer Reviews: 9,8/10
Cava Driopi 2017 - Ktima Driopi
Domaine Tselepos

CAVA DRIOPI 2017 - KTIMA DRIOPI

  Greece / Nemea
€28.30
€24.60
QTY
ADD TO CART At your doorstep in 1 - 3 days

The new Premium label of Yannis Tselepos!

SEND PAGE TO FRIEND

Why do we love it?

We are very excited! You should be too! Be the first to try the brand new Cava Driopi 2017 from Tselepos Winery! Yannis Tselepo's new label from Ktima Driopi is here and according to the barrel maitre, it is his best wine, from a historic vintage!

Giannis Tselepos does not need special introductions since he is the man who managed to make even French producers jealous of his wines. Cava Driopi 2017 is his ultra-premium wine, which it will only be released in the best vintages and with the best possible composition depending on the harvest. For the first Cava Driopi, from the 2017 vintage, a blend of 70% Agiorgitiko and 30% Cabernet Sauvignon was chosen. In the vineyard with old vines, in the well-known Grand Cru area ​​Koutsi of Nemea, the low yield per hectare and the innovative viticultural techniques, give Giannis the best expression of Agiorgitiko and the unique terroir. The Cabernet Sauvignon was selected from his favorite vineyard in Tegea, Arcadia. The precious juice matured for 24 months in French oak barrels, of which 70% are new and the remaining 30% second-hand. It was then bottled and kept for 24 months in the winery's cellar before Giannis decided when the wine was ready.

If you don't have patience, enjoy it now. But definitely keep as many bottles as you can, because if you have patience, Cava Driopi 2017 is a red wine that will evolve magically for at least another 10 years. If you have patience…

COLOR

RED

AROMA

PRONOUNCED

BODY

FULL

ACIDITY

HIGH

Tastes Like

It has a deep ruby color and intense aromas of black berries, plum, cherry, mint, sour cherry and green pepper. Vanilla, cinnamon, licorice, chocolate, pepper, clove and tobacco notes complete the whole.

Rich palate with rich tannins and crisp acidity. The plum, sour cherry and cherry are blended perfectly with the cinnamon and chocolate aromas. Long aftertaste that perfectly complements this excellent wine.

Technical stuff
Color Red
Type Dry
Year 2017
Alcohol 14.5%
Origin Nemea
Variety Agiorgitiko, Cabernet Sauvignon
Bottle Size 750ml
Barrique 24 months
Serving temperature 18°C
Aging 10 years
Closure Cork
Organic No

CAVA DRIOPI 2017 - KTIMA DRIOPI

PAIR IT

Pairs excellent with beef stew with tomato sauce, wild boar stew with onions, burger with bbq sauce

Beef stew with red wine

  • 1 kg of boneless beef cut into bits
  • 4 tbsps. flour
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 2 tbsps. olive oil
  • 1 cup of dry red wine
  • 1 cube beef broth
  • 1/2 tsp. dry thyme
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 pack of small fresh mushrooms, whole
  • baby carrots
  • salt
  • pepper

 

 

Wipe the meat with kitchen paper to absorb excess moisture. Stir in a bowl 3 tablespoons of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, paprika and pepper and sprinkle the meat with the flour mixture.

Sautee the meat in hot olive oil in moderate to strong heat, stirring frequently,  for 4-6 minutes or until it acquires a golden brown color. Remove the meat from the pot. Add the red wine, stirring well to incorporate with the meat residues from the bottom of the pot.

Put the meat back in the pot and add the broth, thyme, bay leaf, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Once it starts boiling, cover the pot, lower the heat in half and allow the meat to cook for about an hour, stirring occasionally. You can accompany your meat with wild rice.

ACTIVE FILTERS

Search Results

{{$root.resources.lbl_search_results_count.replace('{0}', $root.searchResults.length)}}