FILTERS

Filters are loading...

Price Range

Sort by

SHOPPING CART

{{cart.TotalPieces}} item in cartitems in cart

Your cart is locked and unlocks in {{cart.UnlocksInMinutes}} minutes

{{item.Name}}
{{item.SubTitle}}
QTY
Remove
{{item.ProductPiecesCount}} item items
Best Online Wine shop 2019 & 2020
Loved by 48k+ Members
Free shipping*
Free returns
More than 1.000.000 bottles delivered
Customer Reviews: 9,8/10
Madame H. 2017 - Haritatos Vineyard
Haritatos Vineyard

MADAME H. 2017 - HARITATOS VINEYARD

  Greece / Cephalonia
€21.90
€18.70
QTY
ADD TO CART ALMOST GONE At your doorstep in 1 - 3 days

Your big secret weapon!

SEND PAGE TO FRIEND

Why do we love it?

You know that we love the dry versions of Mavrodaphne but we totally adore Madame H. Domaine Haritatou. It can give a unique touch of style and luxury to your table. Juicy, velvety, and delicate, it can be your secret weapon this winter.

With Kefalonia evolving into one of the most important wine zones of Greece, three brothers, Ioanna, Haritos and Kostas Haritatos joined forces and their love for wine under the family winery, at the center of the fairytale estate. And when we say fairy tale, we are probably talking about one of the most beautiful in Greece.

Mavrodaphne is cultivated in the organic vineyard within the estate and is vinified with the most modern techniques in the technologically perfect winery. The 30% matures in oak barrels for more than 2 years while the remaining 70% is waiting patiently in the stainless steel tanks. The two years of oak aging mellow the tannins and the palate adding complexity, while the 70% from the tank is responsible for all the fruit that remains unaffected.

If you have not tried Madame H. Domaine Haritatou yet, you do not know what you are missing.

 

COLOR

RED

AROMA

MEDIUM

BODY

MEDIUM

ACIDITY

MEDIUM

Tastes Like

Madame H. Domaine Haritatou has medium purple color. Nose of moderate aromatic intensity that slowly unfolds the aromatic characteristics of the variety: cherry, sour cherry, mature strawberry and on second level aromas of black olive, green pepper, laurel and leather.

Medium (+) volume body with good concentration, balanced acidity, and soft well-worked tannins. Juicy cherry and sour cherry, are combined with green tea notes, while cocoa and oak flavors from the barrel make their presence distinctive. Delicious long-lasting cherry aftertaste, which insists.

Technical stuff
Color Red
Type Dry
Year 2017
Alcohol 13%
Origin Cephalonia
Variety Mavrodaphne
Aromas cherry, sour cherry, ripe strawberry, black olive, green pepper, laurel, leather
Bottle Size 750ml
Barrique 24 months (30%)
Serving temperature 16ºC
Aging 8 years
Closure Cork
Organic No

MADAME H. 2017 - HARITATOS VINEYARD

PAIR IT

Pair with pork with spice and red wine, pastitsio, moussaka, meatballs, chicken broth.

Rooster Pastitsada (spicy tomato sauce)

1 kg of rooster, cut into portions

500 gr. spaghetti (ideally no. 2)

1 clove of garlic

2 large onions

2 tbsps. white wine vinegar

200 ml. red wine

1 tbsp. of sugar

1 tbsp. of butter

2 tbsps. of tomato paste

150 gr. tomato sauce

2 bay leaves

1 cinnamon stick

3-4 all spices

Olive oil

Freshly ground black pepper

Salt

Wash the rooster and dry it with absorbent paper. Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan, brown the pieces of the rooster well on all sides and transfer them to a wide, deep pot.

In the pan (with the olive oil) we used before, add the butter, garlic and onions after chopping them. We saute them until they soften, and then add the vinegar. Then return the meat into the pot.

Put the pot in high heat and pour in the wine. Leave for a few minutes to evaporate and then add the spices, sugar, pepper and salt. Finally add the tomato paste dissolved in a cup of hot water.

Lower the heat and let simmer until the meat softens and the sauce is thick.

Check regularly to have enough sauce and add extra hot water if necessary.

When the rooster is tender, boil the spaghetti in another pot.

Remove the meat from the saucepan and place it on a serving platter. Put the spaghetti in the sauce and mix well to absorb the juices.

Serve the spaghetti with the meat and if you want, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and grated cheese.

ACTIVE FILTERS

Search Results

{{$root.resources.lbl_search_results_count.replace('{0}', $root.searchResults.length)}}