FILTERS

Filters are loading...

Price Range

Sort by

SHOPPING CART

{{cart.TotalPieces}} item in cartitems in cart

Your cart is locked and unlocks in {{cart.UnlocksInMinutes}} minutes

{{item.Name}}
{{item.SubTitle}}
QTY
Remove
{{item.ProductPiecesCount}} item items
Best Online Wine shop 2019 & 2020
Loved by 48k+ Members
Free shipping*
Free returns
More than 1.000.000 bottles delivered
Customer Reviews: 9,8/10
Chianti DOCG 2020 - Ricasoli
Ricasoli

CHIANTI DOCG 2020 - RICASOLI

  Italy / Tuscany
€12.30
€10.50
QTY
ADD TO CART At your doorstep in 1 - 3 days

The history of Chianti in one sip!

SEND PAGE TO FRIEND

Why do we love it?

How would you feel if we told you that you can taste the history of Chianti in one sip? Yes, it is possible, with a glass of Chianti Barone Ricasoli, full of red fruits and dried herbs. And where’s the history, you might wonder. Read below and you will see!

Baron Bettino Ricasoli, also known as Iron Baron, was responsible for composing Chianti's recipe in 1872. This was the basis of Chianti's rebirth. It is no coincidence that Brolio, the family castle (and winery) is considered the emblem of the whole region. At the moment, the winery is taken over by Francesco Ricasoli, who has managed to combine modern know-how with the wine heritage of his ancestors. His wines are top, in every price range. For example, Chianti Barone Ricasoli is one of his most bargain – priced labels and is the epitome of value for money. The grapes come from the wider area of Chianti and the main variety that dominates is Sangiovese. Most (90%) of the wine ages in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 10% ages in Barriques and tonneaus. The result is juicy and fruity.

Try Chianti Barone Ricasoli now!

COLOR

RED

AROMA

MEDIUM

BODY

MEDIUM

ACIDITY

MEDIUM

Tastes Like

It has medium ruby color and delicate aromas of sour cherry, strawberry, cherry and raspberry jam, framed by notes of eucalyptus, lavender, vanilla and rosemary.

In the mouth it has medium body, moderate (+) acidity and velvety tannins. Fresh cherries and plums, accompanied by dried herbs and flowers will fill up the palate in every sip.

Technical stuff
Color Red
Type Dry
Year 2020
Alcohol 13,5%
Origin Chianti Classico, Tuscany
Variety Sangiovese
Aromas sour cherry, strawberry, cherry, raspberry jam, eucalyptus, lavender, vanilla, rosemary
Bottle Size 750 ml
Barrique 12 months
Serving temperature 16°C
Aging 5 years
Closure Cork
Organic Yes

CHIANTI DOCG 2020 - RICASOLI

PAIR IT

Pair it with pizza margherita, pasta napoletana, greek souvlaki

Pizza with prosciutto and arugula

  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp. of grated red pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • 2 tbsps. of olive oil
  • 1 ball of pizza dough, flattened
  • 3/4 cup mozzarella, grated
  • 4 slices of prosciutto, cut into four
  • 1/4 cup mushrooms cut into slices
  • 1/2 small red onion, sliced ​​thinly
  • 1-2 tbsps. Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 cup of rocket

Preheat the oven to 200oC.

In a bowl, mix tomato sauce, oregano and red pepper. Apply the mixture over the flattened pizza dough. Cover with the half grated mozzarella.

Spread prosciutto, mushrooms and onion evenly and sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella.

Brush the dough crust with olive oil and sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese.

Place the pizza on baking paper sheet and bake until the cheese gets a golden color, about 10 to 12 minutes.

While the pizza is in the oven, put the rocket, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt in a small bowl and mix it up.

Remove the pizza from the oven. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then apply the rocket mix. Cut the pizza and serve it warm or at room temperature.

 

ACTIVE FILTERS

Search Results

{{$root.resources.lbl_search_results_count.replace('{0}', $root.searchResults.length)}}